This is our house...with 2 feet of snow!! Inspection day was one of the coldest days this winter. Since the house was vacant, the heat hadn't been on for months. The house finally started warming up by the time we left! But with a trip to Starbucks for hot chocolate, we all survived.
Our cousin-in-law, Grant, was the inspector. He did a great job! Thank you, Grant!
The first thing you see upon entering the house is the staircase that leads from the main living area to the upstairs bedrooms. There is a bathroom and guest bedroom to the right of the staircase. The house is suffering from '60's decorating--that will be changing very soon!! Keep in mind, these are the "before" pictures!
Looking towards the dining room. Check out that wallpaper!
Doors leading from the dining room to the kitchen...
...and looking into the wood-paneled "beaver" living room.
Though tidy, the kitchen does have gold appliances. Do you think we can call the stove "vintage" and get a good price for it?? :)
Here are some funny details that are in the kitchen...
The upstairs hallway...
...leads to the pink bedroom...
and the yellow bedroom.
...and the (very) blue bathroom. Even the ceiling is wallpapered blue!
We are lucky to have a huge porch that opens up off the kitchen. A fresh coat of paint and an outdoor rug will make it a comfortable hangout space!
6 comments:
Congratulations! How exciting to see so many pictures of your home! When Andy and I were hunting in Seattle, we were horrified by the state of many of the houses-- no HGTV or TLC quality here either!
The wallpaper looks like the fuzzy kind I used to play with at my grandparents house-- awesome!
And the saloon..... we must make it out there to see it before it goes! Priceless!
By the way, idc homework help is a thing I have on Google for work, hence the stupid name on my post--- it's Treasure Samuel, I promise! :)
OMG!!! No wonder I haven't heard from you! You have been busy! Congratulations! We are SO happy for you guys! Can't wait to see it!!
The Anderson's
Welcome to the world of blogging guys...isn't it great?? And congrats on the house...woo woo!!
I can't WAIT to find the PERFECT housewarming gifts for you two! It makes me so excited about going on my own house-hunt! I can't wait to see what "treasures" (no pun intended, T!) we find! I totally love the house - it would completely fit in at Greenfield Village right next to the Noah Webster house! Can't wait to see it in person!
Very nice!!! We are especially looking forward to staying in the old west. I think my Grandpa had some of the eagle fixtures in his house. Those should fetch a nice price on EBay.
Have you found an industrial strength wallpaper remover yet.
House looks great...Can't wait to see it in person and visit the hot dog hut.
Tim and Stacy
Post a Comment