Monday, April 14, 2008

Progress!

We closed on our house! Officially, it is "our house"!! Thanks to all of you who prayed for a smooth closing on Thursday. All went well, and we are now in the midst of tearing up, tearing down.

After closing, we went straight to ifloor to buy the hardwood floors we'll be installing. (What we purchased looks similar to "Santa Fe Sevilla" which you can find in the older posts.) While I worked on Saturday, Kevin picked it up and moved 1500 lbs. of wood by himself! Thank you, love!

After church on Sunday, we went to Ace Hardware. Our wonderful mortgage broker, Jim Greene, bought us a lawn mower for a house warming gift. However, since Mom and Dad Schwendeman are giving us their push mower, we got a store credit instead. One of the coolest purchases at Ace was the miter saw. After visiting the hardware store, we went to our house. Kevin immediately got to tearing up the book shelves in the living room, and I started planting. Already, there are daffodils in bloom and iris so I added pansies. There are also little green shoots and blue flowers coming up, which I have seen around but I'm not quite sure what they are. I must add that I am so very thankful for my former job with Hampshire Farms Perennials. Without it, I would never have known the joy of gardening.

After getting my hands nice and dirty, I started tearing down wallpaper. This is quite a job!! Our plans are to have this finished by Friday night. Luckily, I have a few days off this week, so I'll be heading out to the house on Tuesday and Friday to continue this arduous task. We also tore up the carpet/padding on Sunday. Check out our photos to view the progress we've made!!





















1 comments:

David and Kimita said...

Hey this home looks like and awesome blessing full of potential. I can easily see the fireplace room as a place where Kevbo and I sit back sipping on whiskey while smoking a pipe and acting out plays together. Whada ya say? eh, eh, eh? Or with the hard wood floors a possible dance floor where we'll be dancing to Christmas grooves?

Man it was great to see you Kevbo. It was as if I hadn't seen you in twenty years.